Beyond the Basics
There are no bells and whistles here. No fancy accoutrements or adornment. No frivolous details or features because this is not a showpiece. Designed for maximum versatility, strength, and steadfastness – the Boye Knives Basic 3 is an all-around survival knife that excels both on land and sea.
The star of the show is the 4" dropped-edge Boye Dendritic Cobalt blade that's pioneered by David Boye himself. The one-piece, unbreakable Boye Dendritic Cobalt blade is 100% rust-proof and features unsurpassed edge holding, material penetration, corrosion resistance, and ease of sharpening.
Multi-functional by design, the back of the blade is ground to form two sharp 90 degree angles (known as scrape edges) which can be used to scrape paint, plastic, fiberglass, wood, or most other rough surfaces, including rust on metal.
In an emergency, the blade can be used as a wedge, pry bar (with great care) and the butt of the handle and the back of the blade can also be used for hammering. And as a last resort, the Boye Knives Basic 3 can be used a tactical defense knife, for throwing or lashed to a pole to create a spear (you get the idea).
Completing the package is a custom Kydex-lined sheath and cord wrap on the handle – a 7-foot piece of 225 lb test strength accessory cord – which provides excellent grip and can be used in an emergency for fish jigging to a tourniquet. Every aspect of the Boye Knives Basic 3 is carefully considered to help you thrive, not only survive in any situation. And with all things considered, maybe this bad boy is not so basic after all.
- Solid, one-piece Boye Dendritic Cobalt blade and handle
- 100% rust-proof and unbreakable
- Integral I-beam construction for lightness and strength
- Dropped edge design forms a finger guard
- Flat profile (1/4" thick) for easy carry
- 1.3" scrape edges on the back of the blade
- Sharpening angle guides at the base of the blade
- Comfortable, hand-wrapped accessory cord handle grip
- Blade length: 4" (10.16cm)
- Overall length: 8" (20.32cm)
- Weight: 5.6 oz (without sheath)
- Comes with custom Kydex-lined sheath
- Made by hand in the USA
Backed by our 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
Have a question? Contact us.